Note that we will be discontinuing our Artful.ly ticketing and CRM service effective July 31, 2020. Here's more info about this decision and what it entails.
The Relationships kit is an optional kit that can be activated from your account administration page. With the kit active you can:
- Define a relationship between any two records (spouse, friend, primary contact, etc.)
- See the relationship on both records
- Use Advanced Search to find people who have a certain relationship type on their record
- Create a household that allows you to see the attributes of two or more individual records together
- Find potential households with the Suggested Households report
What are households?
Households associate two or more individuals into a "decision making unit." Most commonly, this refers to spouses who live together and make financial decisions together. A household may also include children or other relatives. The rules of who and what constitutes a household are up to you.
When you do choose to join two individual records in a household:
- Both individuals keep their own individual record.
- A new household "view" is created that combines the actions, notes, and tags of the household members.
- You define the household name and address.
- Any future transactions still take placed at the individual level, but can also be seen at the household level.
- You can use Advanced Search filters to define what record types you want to see—just individuals, just companies, just households, or all record types.
How to Create a Household
- Identify two individuals you want to household. (If you only have a record for one partner, create a record for the second before creating the household.)
- Navigate to one individual's record.
- Click Work With.
- Select Edit Info
- Select Households.
- Click Add to New Household.
- Enter a name for the household.
- Add any remaining of the household members.
- Click Save.
Once a household is established, you see all the members on the people records in the household.
- Clicking the View link on a record will take you to the Household Record. Here you'll see all of the activity in the household aggregated in one place.
- On the household record, you can see notes, actions, ticket sales, donations, and lifetime household value. This information is compiled from each member of the household's record.
If you click Edit Household you'll find a few more aspects of the household that can be edited:
- Basics lets you rename the household.
- Address lets you update the address information. You can use the Populate From dropdown menu if you already have the household address on a patron record.
- Overwrite member addresses checkbox applies the address to every member of the household.
- Add Individual lets you add additional members to a household. Note: Each record can only be a part of one household.