Who are your patrons?
Patrons are your fans and supporters. Their support comes from all directions: from attending your shows, giving you money, donating time, sharing your posts and tweets, talking about your work, pats on the back, etc. How do you keep track of it? Artful.ly can simplify and centralize that process so you can reach out and get to know the people who help make your work possible.
Why should you track patrons in Artful.ly?
People who support you one way are often willing to give to you in other ways—if you ask. If you know who came to your last show you'll already have a great list of people to invite to your next one. Or when you ask for a donation to support creating new work or ongoing projects. Or when you ask to spread the word to their friends. Since they are already familiar with you and your work, odds are they'll donate, continue to come to your shows, promote you in their social circles, etc.
Think beyond family and friends. Your good friends, and a few family members all came to your last show. Of course they did, they love you and think you're awesome. But what about all those people who showed up at the door. Who were they? Did you get their names? Do they love you too? Could they love you in time?
There's only one way to find out:
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Artful.ly's CRM Tools take all of these people and allow you to track each interaction they have with your organization and art.
Interactions Automatically Tracked by Artful.ly:
- When fan buys a ticket online
- When a supporter makes a donation online, both for fiscally sponsored projects and 501(c)(3) organizations
- When you sell a ticket to a fan at the door using Artful.ly's Box Office interface
- When you sell a ticket over the phone using the Sales Console
- When a fan receives an email sent from your synced MailChimp account
Interactions You Can Log Manually in Artful.ly:
- When you made a phone call, sent mail, sent an email, or sent/received other communications
- Mailing address, email address, phone numbers, and birthdays
- Notes on individual fan's interests
- Volunteer hours
- Donations made offline (Only for 501(c)(3) organizations)
Information You Can Import:
- Import people from other contact lists (email address books, paper mailing list sign-ups, website/blog subscriber lists, etc.)
- Import past event attendance (for events not ticketed through Artful.ly)
- Import donations (only for 501(c)(3) organizations) (for donations not processed through Artful.ly)
If you import all of this information into your Artful.ly account—the next time these people make a donation, or attend an event, or do either of those for the first time, Artful.ly will track it automatically provided that they use the same email address listed in their People Record.
Who should be in my CRM?
- Lists from other email marketing tools
- Past mailing lists for postcards or solicitation letters
- Select contacts from your personal email account (Here's how to get them from Gmail)
- Donors (for 501(c)(3) organizations)
- People who come to your events
- Exports from past CRM or databases
- Your press list (Tip: add a "Press" tag to their records)
- Your donor prospect lists (Tip: tag them all with "Prospect")
- Your vendors (Tip: tag them all with "Vendor")
- Artists you work with regularly (Tip: tag them all with "Artist")
- Board members (Tip: tag them all with "Board")
- Volunteers (Tip: tag them all with "Volunteer")
Make sure you format these lists properly so they import into Artful.ly nicely.