Sales Console v. Box Office
The Sales Console is a private sales channel for producers to manage more complex orders outside of the Box Office. From the Sales Console you can sell tickets to multiple events, sell passes or memberships (if those kits are activated), apply discount codes, and even take donations. It's also an avenue to process ticket sales for passholders and members. Credit card swipers are currently supported in both the Sales Console and Box Office.
Depending on the situation, choose the appropriate sales interface:
- Sales Console for complex orders with multiple items
- Box Office for simple ticket sales for just one show when speed is the priority
Sales made through the Sales Console will...
- Send the customer a receipt
- Create a record for a new customer, or add the information to an existing record
- Log the appropriate Bought or Gave Actions on the customer's record
Using The Sales Console
The Sales Console can be found under the Sell menu
Sales Console Tiles
The look of your sales console will vary depending on your organization and which kits are enabled. You may see the following tiles:
- Tickets: Regular and member tickets are added through this tile.
- Donations: Organizations with the 501(c)(3) Donations Kit enabled can process donations outside of the storefront or widget.
- Memberships: Allows organizations with the Memberships Kit to sell memberships directly to patrons.
- Passes: Allows organizations with the Passes Kit to sell passes directly to patrons.
- Apply Pass Or Discount Code: This tile is used to apply a patron's passcode, as well as any discount codes you've created for events.
Click on these tiles and select various options to build an order. You'll see a list of all the items in the order on the right under Order Summary.
Selling Tickets Through The Sales Console
- Click on the tickets tile and select the event you want to sell tickets to. Note: in order to sell tickets through the sales console, the tickets must also be available in the Storefront and Widget.
- Select the show.
- Add tickets to the cart.
- If your patron wants to add a donation, you can use the donation tile to add a donation to an order, or you can also apply a Discount or Pass code to the order through the corresponding tiles.
- When the order is built, click the green Check Out tile. The interface for checking out an order will feel similar to the Box Office. You can sell items through the Sales Console via cash, credit, or check—or you can comp an order. Comp sales will not generate an email receipt to the patron unless you check the box to send a confirmation email.
Sell to an Existing Customer
If the customer you're selling to is already in your Artful.ly records, you can help keep your database tidy by using the Sell To feature.
- Navigate to the patron's record.
- Click the Work With button and select Sell to.
- Build the order in the Sales Console.
- When you go to check out, the customer's contact information will already be filled into the buyer info fields.
Sales Console Fees
- Tickets purchased via credit card are not charged the $2 service fee, but the 3.5% credit card fee still applies.
- There are no charges for logging sales via check, cash, or comp.