Here's a checklist to help you troubleshoot why your rental schedule and availability are not showing up accurately in your listing's calendar feed. Remember when you are looking the calendar feed on your listing, you should only see your unbooked times as open blocks of time.Is the Hourly Rates Form on your listing correct?
- The Hourly Rates Form combines your daily business hours along with your rates for specific types of rentals. The hours of business reflected in your hourly rates form should match your actual schedule.
- Example: If your Hourly Rates Form says you are open from 8am-4pm, but your space is really open from 10am-10pm, your calendar feed will show zero availability from 4pm on. That's a lot of rentals you could miss out on!
- Lot's of people use more than one calendar to manage a particular space. Maybe you have Nighttime Events and Meetings on a separate calendar, but both activities happen in the same space.
- You can sync as many calendars to one space listing as you need in order to make sure that all of your available/booked time for each use of a specific space is accounted for.
- Only bookings scheduled as Events will show up in your calendar feed.
- If you've marked a rehearsal as a Task accidentally, it won't show up in the feed, and will look like available time to renters on your listing.
- You could be accidentally telling renters you are booked all day when you have an few hours free!
- If you have an all day event, you should delete the event and create a new event with a specific start and end time.
- We've found that even if your general calendar privacy setting is set to "Public" and your specific Event privacy settings are set to "Default" to the privacy settings of your calendar, all-day events won't show up in your calendar feed. See how to set up your All-Day Events in our privacy settings article.
- Certain calendar software limit how far into the future they will sync event data, for example MindBody syncs only 30 days into the future. Some spaces who use MindBody show their calendar in order to benefit from higher visibility, but provide renters with specific links in the listing for renters to click through and book space.
- Calendars refresh automatically once a day. You will see a countdown to your next refresh with the option to manually refresh.
Are there events on your calendar that are repeating every week or month?
- if a recurring event is not showing on your venue's calendar feed or if it is showing as being "all day" even though it is not, try removing the recurring event from your calendar and enter in the event manually for each week or month that it is occurring.