If you're trying to upload your Google calendar and you see this message: "There was an error trying to download this feed"No need to worry, it's most likely because your Google calendar is set to Private, but you uploaded a Public version of the iCalendar feed. This is an easy fix, follow the steps below:
1. Go to your Google Calendar and select "Share This Calendar"
2. Select and copy the iCal under Private Address
3. Go to SpaceFinder listing and select "Share My Calendar"
4. Select "Remove" and clear previous calendar causing error
5. Select "Upload calendar" and paste Private Address copied from Google
Remember, it's technically the same calendar, just with the corresponding privacy settings
6. Refresh page to preview uploaded calendar
Confirm no error message
7. High five yourself, and publish calendar.
Pro Tip: If you enter the iCal URL into your web browser, it should download a file named Basic.ics. If the page takes you to a Google-Branded Error page, it means the feed is not public.