When Offering Goods and Services to Your Donors
Projects should create giving levels on the Fractured Atlas website to offer gifts to their donors in exchange for donations. The giving levels live on the fiscally-sponsored project's profile. We strongly encourage projects to use giving levels to define standard donation levels for the project’s donors. These are easy to add and hide from the My Fiscal Sponsorship section of the website.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Giving Level
- Start on your My Fiscal Sponsorship page.
- Under the "Donations" heading, click “Giving Levels.”
- Click “Add giving level.”
- Name your giving level and give a description of the giving level. It’s best to mention details about what the donation will cover and what the donor will receive as a thank you gift.
- Any time a donation is incentivized with gifts, this makes the donation partially-deductible and you are required to declare the value of the gifts. For anything that is not for regular sale, or will never be for sale, you can indicate the value of the raw materials used to produce the item.
- Ideally, the value of the perk is much less than the total donation - your donors are still making a donation, not a purchase. If you find that the value of your perks match or exceed the total donation amount, you will need to raise the total donation or reconsider which goods or services you're offering. See the Partial-Deductibility Article for more details. Provide donation details regarding the total amount of the donation and the non-deductible portion in the giving level set-up form.
- Once you are ready to publish the giving level, click "I'm Sure - Request Approval" and the Fractured Atlas staff will receive an automated email requesting approval.
If you would like to remove your giving levels from your online profile, please click on "Donations" and "Giving Levels." On the giving level you would like to remove from your online profile, click "Make Non-Public." This will remove the giving level from your online profile.
Once you click request approval, it can take up to five (5) business days for our staff to review and approve it. You will receive an email once it has been approved and the giving level will be published on your project profile under the "Giving Levels" tab. Please plan accordingly.