Fractured Atlas and fiscally sponsored projects cannot refund donations. As a general principle, donations are presumed by law to be irrevocable gifts unless otherwise specified in a grant agreement or other contract. This is an important legal concept that, among other things, permits gifts to be tax-deductible.
Articles in this section
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
- What is the processing fee? Do I have to pay it?
- Will I get a receipt for my donation?
- Will I be charged right away for my donation?
- What personal information will be shared publicly or with the fundraiser?
- Can I mail my donation as a check?
- Can my donations or gifts be refunded?
- As a monthly donor, how can I make changes (e.g., stop or change the monthly donation amount, update my credit card number)?