Donors may ask for IRS Form W9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number) or an invoice from Fractured Atlas in order to make a donation on behalf of your sponsored project.
In order to obtain these documents, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name of the entity requesting the document
- Full mailing address of the entity
- Reason the entity is requesting this information
- Details of the donation including amount
The donor may contact Fractured Atlas directly to obtain this document by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The project receiving the donation
- Amount of the donation
- Donor's full name and mailing address
In both instances, a Fractured Atlas staff member will then provide the necessary documentation in PDF form by email.
Any time a donor, venue, institution or other entity asks for this information Fractured Atlas must be contacted first for approval before providing any details.
Things to Keep in Mind
- If the donation is $5000 or more make sure the major gift letter is filled out signed and returned to Fractured Atlas for processing.
- Fractured Atlas W9 documents and invoices cannot be used to:
- Receive earned income from services rendered or sold goods. All earned income must go to the project directly.
- Open bank accounts. All information to financial institutions must be the project's directly.
- See Prohibited Activities for more details.
Article is closed for comments.