It's not ideal, but sometimes shows get cancelled or need to be rescheduled, and tickets may need to be exchanged or refunded.The important thing is to act as quickly as possible and inform your ticket buyers right away. You'll perform the same steps whether you need to cancel a show or just change the time. It's not possible to change the time of a show, but you can delete or unpublish the show and add a new one to the calendar.If you haven't sold any tickets, unpublish the show(s).
This is the simplest solution. If no one bought tickets, then nothing needs to be returned. All you need to do is remove the show from the public view.
- Select the Event.
- From the left side menu, select Shows, then List.
- In the table, find the show you want to cancel, click the "Unpublish" button.
- Refund the tickets.
- Or, exchange tickets for a different or rescheduled show. Note that if the show date has passed the tickets cannot be exchanged. We suggest comping people tickets to the other show if you move them to another night.
Detailed information on how to refund and exchange tickets can be found here:
Here are some more helpful tips to make sure your cancellation goes smoothly:
- Communicate with your ticket buyers ASAP. The sooner they know of a cancellation, the happier they will be.
- If you are rescheduling, set up the new show as soon as you have a date so you can exchange tickets.
- If you have sold tickets, tell your ticket buyers the show is cancelled and provide refunds or exchanges before two business days after the show closes. This is particularly important because if you don't refund tickets in time, the show settlement will be processed and you will have distribute refunds outside of Artful.ly (check reimbursements, etc).
- Update your storefront links if you delete the entire event, and not just a showtime.