Note that we will be discontinuing our Artful.ly ticketing and CRM service effective July 31, 2020. Here's more info about this decision and what it entails.
How do I Import Events?
Artful.ly makes importing your ticketing and event history easy. Import old attendance records or sales from other ticketing portals by following these steps:
- Go to the Reports menu at the top of Artful.ly.
- Select Imports/Exports.
- Click Import Events.
- Under the heading "Template" download an empty CSV file with appropriate headers for your specific data (see below). Important: Your files must be in CSV (comma separated-values) format in order to upload. Learn how to save an Excel file as a CSV here.
- Copy/paste the data from your old spreadsheet into the appropriate columns. Make sure to include all required fields as described under "Format".
- When your CSV is ready, select Choose File under the header "Upload" and retrieve the file from your computer. Once you see the file name appear, you can select Import. It may take a few minutes for your contacts to be imported.
- Once it has been processed (and there are no errors) you must approve the import. The approval preview screen will show a selection of orders to review. Depending on the size of the file, it may take a few minutes.
- Make sure your column headers match those in the blank CSV. If your CSV is not organized properly or the information is in the wrong place (email in the wrong column, for instance), you will receive an error message. The order of the columns doesn't matter.
- Observe usable values and date formatting. Make sure you use the right terms (for example: CASH or CREDIT CARD in Payment Methods) when filling out your spreadsheet. Also, observe the specific formatting for dates so your data isn't confused. You can make this a default setting in Excel (right click on the column > Format Cells > Date).
- Tidy up your data in the CSV before you import it. It's much easier to fix typos and formatting in a spreadsheet rather than doing it record-by-record in the app. Event imports cannot be recalled if something goes wrong.
- If possible, try to import your event in one CSV. If you sold hundreds of tickets over the run of the show, then it might be better to spread the import over multiple CSVs, but keep individual performances on the same spreadsheet. As long as the event details are the same, Artful.ly will import the file to the same event, but there will be multiple show dates if tickets to an individual show date were imported over multiple files.
If you have a yearly event, it's best to label each event with the year it occurred. If several years' attendance of a yearly event is imported at once then each year will be imported as a show. It will be much cleaner for searching if you label these events as "Annual Gala 2014," "Annual Gala 2013," and so on.
Can I delete an import?
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to delete a whole event import. Please exercise a great deal of caution before importing an event and make sure you double check your work.