Internal Notes vs. Special Instructions
Internal Notes and Special Instructions both appear on your Door List. The difference is that Special Instructions are written by the ticket buyer, while Internal Notes are written by you, the producer.
Special Instructions are responses customers submit through the check out process. This will only happen if you have turned on Special Instructions for the event, or if you're a 501(c)(3) accepting donations. See Asking a Question at Checkout
- Special Instructions cannot be edited after the tickets have been purchased. If a response changes, you should document that in an Internal Note.
You can make internal notes on Order Details or through internal sales channels like the Box Office and Sales Console.
Or by finding the Order Details for a purchase and clicking the + Internal Note Button.
Making an Internal Note is useful for:
- Noting when patron transfers their ticket to someone else.
- Indicating a VIP ticket holder.
- Noting special seating instructions.
- Adding other information that will make your box office run more smoothly for your staff and patrons.
Viewing Internal Notes and Special Instructions
Internal Notes and Special Instructions appear when you click on a patron's name on the door list. You can also see them in Order Details.