If you have Internet access available at your venue, you can check in your patrons as they arrive through the Door List.The Door List integrates with the Box Office, so you can sell tickets and check in patrons as they arrive.
To Access the Door List
Select the Event and Show you want to check people in for.
If you are checking in patrons to your next show, you'll see a door list button under Next Show.
Otherwise, you can go to an individual show details page and use the Work With button to find the door list.
Using the Door List
From the list, you can see every person who has purchased tickets for the show.
To View an Order:
- Click on the patron's name to see their order in the left column.
- Click the Check Box for each member of the patron's party present. You can leave a box unchecked if someone hasn't arrived, yet. Checking this box adds a Went Action to that patron's record.
- As you check in patrons, you'll see the bar fill at the top of the screen; this shows your total attendance. The circle next to the patron's name will also begin to fill as you check in patrons. A half circle is partially checked-in, and a black circle indicates a fully checked-in party.
But Wait, There's More...
- The Sell Tickets Button makes it easy to switch back and forth between your Door List and the Box Office
You can Download the door list as a PDF or CSV. This is useful if you don't have internet access at your venue, or if you need to perform an export to email all of your ticket buyers.
- If you ask ticket buyers a question at checkout, or if you make an internal note on an order, these will appear on the door list.
The Organization Administrator will also receive a copy of the door list in your email 90 minutes before showtime. This way you'll always have a backup in your email inbox. Organization Administrators are automatically set to receive these emails, but other staff members can, as well. If you'd like to have additional staff members receive the door list, or to turn the feature off for your email, check out this article: Adding Users & Managing User Permissions.
For information on selling tickets to walk up customers, check out the article on the box office.