Note that we will be discontinuing our Artful.ly ticketing and CRM service effective July 31, 2020. Here's more info about this decision and what it entails.
Tags are custom identifiers you can attach to a People Record. Where they really shine is when you use the same tag to identify a unique group of people. People with the same tag can be easily found with advanced search and monitored via list segments. This can help you target your communication or track donor groups.
What makes a good tag?
Tags are best used for classifications that are unique to your organization and/or that individual or company. Only letters, number, or dashes allowed in tags. Some examples include:
- Discipline Interests (e.g. "Dance", "Theater", "Opera", "Film")
- Custom Company Classifications (e.g. "Theater-Company", "Gallery", "Producer", "Presenter", "Vendor")
You do not need to create tags for things like state or "2012-Gala-Ticket" since location and event are both advanced search filters of their own.
Creating a Tag
- Open People from the top menu bar
- Select Search (if the Person Record already exists), or New Contact
- Type in the name of the tag in the field provided. Remember--use only letters, numbers, and dashes.
- Select the Add Tag button
Note: When viewing a Person Record, you can click on a tag in order to view the entire list of people in your database who have that tag.
Tag a Bunch of People At Once
Using Advanced Search, you can give the same tag to a group of people with one click.
- Open Advanced Search from the People drop down menu in the top navigation bar
- Build your search using the search conditions.
- Click the Work With button
- Select Tag All from the drop down menu that appears
- Type the name of your new tag in the pop-up field that appear