Our software integrates with MailChimp to help you make the most of their email marketing services while keeping track of your interactions with patrons in Artful.ly. Once you've integrated your Artful.ly and MailChimp accounts, there are a lot of things that you can do. MailChimp has many great resources, so we've compiled some of our favorite ones in this article.
(If you're unfamiliar with MailChimp or curious about why we've chosen to integrate with them as opposed to other email marketing services, check out this article first: What is MailChimp and why should I use it?)
- MailChimp's Knowledge Base is a great first stop to answer any and all questions. You can search topics by keyword, browse their articles, or watch video tutorials.
- Video Tutorials List
- Email Marketing Field Guide: this has tips and best practices to help you develop your campaigns. Highly recommended for those who are new to marketing.
- (They have a curated list of all sorts of general Guides as well.)
- Know what an A/B split is? Or how MailChimp calculates your campaign's Open Rate? Their Glossary has the answers!
Organizing your List
- Getting Started With Lists and Getting Started With Segments: These articles are great for understanding how you can get started and segment subscribers from existing data so that you can target your announcements to patrons that match certain criteria. You can also use Advanced Search in Artful.ly to create list segments and export them into your MailChimp account.
- About Segments and Groups: When you're ready to contact certain subsets of patrons, MailChimp offers a few ways to filter. Groups are based on subscriber interests and preferences, while Segments are based on sets of subscribers that meet certain criteria.
- Templates vs. Campaigns: a good place to learn about how you can use MailChimp's templates can make creating an email campaign more simple.
- Great, now that you've organized your subscribers, engage them! About Subscriber Engagement offers insights into this topic.
Interpreting MailChimp's Reporting Features
- Are your patrons reading your messages? MailChimp has some amazing reporting features, learn about them here: Statistics in Campaign Reports
- Now that you've sent out some awesome email campaigns, how are they affecting your overall list? All About List Stats explains how you to interpret the stats MailChimp finds.