With the Membership Kit activated, there are multiple ways for your staff members to issue and sell memberships to your fan base. This article, however, will focus on members buying their membership through the storefront.
When you activate the Membership Kit you'll find a new Become a Member item in the navigation bar of your Storefront. You will also see a new Member Login link in the upper-right corner of the Storefront navigation bar.
When a patron clicks Become a Member they are taken to your Membership Storefront. The process for buying a membership is similar to purchasing tickets to a show. A patron selects a membership, adds it to his cart, and then checks out.
After purchasing the membership, the member receives two emails:
- Order Confirmation: This is the patron's receipt. It's sent from [email protected] Nothing fancy here.
- Membership Instructions: This email includes a link to a page where the new member can create a password to access member-only events and tickets. You can also customize some text in this email from the Membership Kit Configuration page. The reply-to address on this email is whatever you've set up as your general organization contact email. The line after the salutation contains the optional custom message from when you created the membership type.
Once a member sets their password, they'll be able to sign into your storefront to access member ticketing benefits.
- You may want add a link to the Member Sign In page on your site. This way your patrons can easily log in to see member events and tickets.
- It's a good idea to include some custom text in your welcome email if your organization plans to use Membership Cards.
- Your member's login email address will be the primary email address on their contact records. If you change the primary email on a member's people record, that will become the email login and the member will need to be notified of the change. It's best to take the cue from the member. Whichever email was used to purchase the membership should be the member's primary contact. If the member mistyped her email, though, you can update it on the member record to fix her login credentials.