When one of your supporters passes away, it's important to note it in your database so that you no longer send them mail and emails.
To mark an individual as deceased:
- View their record and select Work with...
- Click on Edit to view their information and go to the Attributes section.
- Check the box next to Deceased.
When a patron is marked as deceased:
- The front page of their record will be prominently marked "Deceased"
- The Do Not Call and Do Not Email checkboxes will automatically be checked. (You can uncheck them if you wish.)
- If the individual was a member of a household, they will be marked as deceased in the household view too.
- When you export any list of people, their record will be marked in the deceased column. (You can also import records and mark individuals as deceased.)
- When you use Advanced Search, you can choose to include or exclude deceased patrons in your search.
At this time, marking a patron deceased does NOT unsubscribe them from any MailChimp lists. You can do this manually for now and we'll work on including that automation in our next MailChimp upgrade.