What's the difference between a Refund, Exchange, and Return?
Refund: Refunds full price of ticket to the patron. This applies to paid and free tickets. Exchange: Swaps original ticket for another. Use this when the tickets have equal value. Return: Returns a ticket to inventory. This is for Comp tickets. When can I issue Refunds or Exchanges?
Cash/Check: Exchanges and refunds can be made immediately following the purchase and up to two days after the show.
Credit Card: Exchanges can be made immediately after the purchase. Refunds cannot be made until at least one business day after the purchase was made. Exchanges may be made up until showtime, and refunds can be made until two days after the show.
Donations are held for two days before they are issued for settlement, and they can be refunded before the settlement is issued. If a refund needs to happen after the two day period has passed, the producer is responsible for issuing the refund to the patron.
Refunding a Ticket, Membership, Pass, or Donation:
- Select Orders and then the appropriate inventory item from the menu bar.
- If the purchase wasn't made recently, use the date selectors to narrow the date range.
- When you've located the purchase you are looking for, click on the Order ID number to go to the Order Details.
- On the Order Details, you can refund a single ticket by clicking the gear icon next to each item, or use the checkbox above the table to refund all of the tickets in an order. Tickets, donations, memberships, and passes must be refunded separately.
- Select Refund, and you will be prompted to either issue a refund and return the ticket to the show's inventory (back on sale), or issue the refund and keep the ticket out of the pool of available tickets.
- Credit Card refunds will show up on the customer's card statement within 3-5 business days.
Exchanging Tickets of Equal Value:
- Go through steps 1-4 above.
- Select Exchange, and you will be prompted to select an event to which you'd like to exchange the ticket for, a show date, and ticket types.
- A list of individual tickets will pop up based on the number of tickets that are available at that ticket type for the show. Select one, than select the Exchange ticket button at the bottom of the page.
Exchanging a Ticket for Another at a Different Price
Partial payments or refunds aren't currently possible in Artful.ly. If patron wants to exchange tickets for new ones at a different price point, you must:
- Refund the original ticket(s).
- Have the patron purchase the new ticket(s).
Returning a Ticket (for comp tickets only):
- Comped tickets can be returned. This puts the free ticket back on sale.
- Repeat steps 1-4 under Refunds above.
- Instead of an option to refund you'll see a button labeled return. Select that and the ticket will be put back in your pool of available tickets.
Note: Comped tickets cannot be exchanged. To exchange a comped ticket, you should return the original comp and issue a new one on the new show date.