Connecting your Artful.ly and MailChimp accounts will allow the two programs to share patron contact information. Specifically, the integration will:
- Copy your MailChimp subscribers into Artful.ly
- Add new MailChimp subscribers to Artful.ly on a rolling basis
- Display which MailChimp lists and groups an individual is subscribed to on his/her Artful.ly record
- Allow you to add an individual to a MailChimp list directly from his/her Artful.ly people record
- Ask your supporters to opt-in to your mailing list when they checkout on your Storefront, at the Box Office, or through the Sales Console
- Use Advanced Search filters to find people who are or are not subscribed to specific MailChimp lists and groups
- Define a list segment using Artful.ly Advanced Search filters and add the whole segment to a MailChimp list or group
- The Do Not Mail and Do Not Email Checkboxes are independent of the MailChimp Kit. If you have someone who does not wish to be contacted by email, check the Do Not Email checkbox and unsubscribe them from the MailChimp List.
- The initial sync is capped at 3000 contacts. If you are interested in synchronizing a list larger than 3000, please contact support.
How do I set up this integration?
This is a multi-step process, but thankfully you only have to do it once!
Step 1: Get Your MailChimp API Key
- If you don't have a MailChimp account already, create one and set up at least one list.
- Log in to your MailChimp account.
- Navigate to this page.
- Scroll down, click the Create A Key button. A new row will be added the the Your API Keys table.
Copy the string of letters and numbers that make up the API Key.
Step 2: Enable the MailChimp Kit in Artful.ly
- Log in to Artful.ly and navigate to your Account Administration page.
- Click on the Kits tab.
- Click the Add button next to the MailChimp tile.
- Click the Activate MailChimp button.
- Paste your MailChimp API key into the field and click Set API Key button.
Step 3: Configure Your MailChimp Kit Settings in Artful.ly
- On the top right, select one or more lists from the "Which MailChimp lists would you like to sync?" area.
- Below that, select the one list you want fans to join when they check out.
- Below that, you can customize the text your fans see when they are asked to join your list at checkout.
- Click Save. Depending on the size of your MailChimp lists, importing and creating Artful.ly records for everyone may take some time.
The groups and lists that an individual is subscribed to will show up on their people record: