Through Artful.ly's integration with MailChimp, you can add fans to your people database either through Artful.ly or through MailChimp. After you've set up the kit and the initial sync has occurred, new MailChimp signups should be added to artful.ly as they occur.
Adding People To Your Mailing List via MailChimp
- When a fan signs up via your MailChimp sign up form, they are added to your mailing list. Then, MailChimp sends the person's contact information to Artful.ly, where we create a new record for them.
- When a fan signs up via a MailChimp widget or link that you installed on your website, they are added to your mailing list. Then, MailChimp sends the contact information to Artful.ly, and a new people record is created.
- You can also import a list of people directly to a MailChimp list. Please note that importing contacts through MailChimp's import features will not automatically create new people records in Artful.ly, and to prevent spam attacks, MailChimp cannot sync contacts that are imported in bulk to MailChimp into Artful.ly.
Adding People To Your Mailing List via Artful.ly
There are a few different ways that you can add a people from your Artful.ly account to your MailChimp lists or groups, either individually or in batches.
This is good for:
- Keeping members subscribed to a members-only group on MailChimp
- Subscribing folks to interest-specific groups.
- Sending follow-up messages to groups of people who have attended specific events or series of events.
Add Individuals When They Opt-in to Your List With an Order
This happens when a fan purchases something or make a donation through your Artful.ly storefront and signs up during checkout. If she does not already have an Artful.ly record, one is created for her. Then, Artful.ly tells MailChimp to add her to your mailing list.
Manually Add Individuals to Your Mailing List
To add an individual to one of your mailing lists or groups, go to their people record.
- If they wish to be removed from a mailing list or group, uncheck the box next to the appropriate list. Then click Save.
- To add them, check the box next to the appropriate mailing list or group. Then click Save.
- Select the appropriate scenario to confirm. If the individual has given you permission to add them to the list, then you do not need to send him or her an invitation to join. If he or she has not yet given permission, select the option to have Artful.ly send an invitation to join the list. Then click Save. Keep in mind that if you see a (U) next to a MailChimp list on a contact record, it means that your supporter has not confirmed the subscription to the list
Send Invitation from Order via Box Office or Sales Console
It's also possible to send an invitation to join your mailing list when you're processing an order on behalf of a fan through either the Box Office or through the Sales Console. When you're entering the person's contact and payment information, you'll see this as the last step before checking out.
Add a Batch of People
From Advanced Search
- From the top navigation bar, go to People then Advanced Search.
- Use search conditions to identify a batch of people.
- Click on the Work With... button.
- Select Subscribe to MailChimp list or Subscribe to MailChimp list group and then select the appropriate list or group.
If you've added multiple emails to a contact record and that person is on your MailChimp lists, there are a few things you need to be mindful of.
- Artful.ly can only display list and group subscriptions accurately for contacts that have a single email address. If the contact record has multiple email addresses, the list and group subscriptions will be displayed in the aggregate.
- If either email address is added to your lists or groups, the checkboxes will be shown in the aggregate.
- From the people record, you can only subscribe or unsubscribe the email address designated as the primary email on the record.
- From the people record, if you unsubscribe someone from a list or a group, that change will affect every email associated with the record.
Changes to lists or groups for secondary email addresses should be managed within MailChimp.