To configure the donations kit, make sure that you've activated the kit first. You can do this from your Account Administration page.
Once you've done so, you're almost ready to accept donations to your organization! Just click on the blue Configure button below the kit to set your preferences.
Setting Up the Donation Storefront
- Header image appears at the top of the storefront. Images are limited to 1MB, and should be at least 300 pixels wide, and either a .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or png. This image can be changed at any time by uploading a new one.
- The About Your Organization section can be used to describe your organization's activities, mission, and/or goals to potential donors.
- Donation Ask for Storefront lets you add an additional appeal for the storefront.
- Navigation Button Name - organizations with the donations kit get an orange button linking to the storefront at the top of the page. The label on the button can be customized here to something like, "Give," "Support," "Donate," or whatever else you can come up with.
- Donation Nudge for Cart - 501(c)(3)s can also customize the short donation ask that appears at checkout when, for example, customers buy tickets. We recommend keeping it short and sweet.
- Special Instructions, can be set up for donations just like when people buy tickets. This section appears in the cart so that a patron can add instructions for his or her gift to your organization. Keep in mind that if someone makes a donation and buys a ticket to an event where you have special instructions enabled, there will be two special instructions fields at checkout.
- Set up Suggested Gifts. This is optional. You also have the option to display an open gift field. Leaving this box checked allows donors to enter an amount of their choosing.
- To add more levels, enter the level name and $ amount in the empty field and click add. New levels will only be added if every field is filled in.
- Add a Thanks Message and an Email Message that patrons will see when they've completed their order and in the confirmation email that they receive. Keep in mind that you'll still need to send them a tax receipt for their records.
- Do you want the Donation Storefront to be visible in your Central Storefront? Check this last box before saving your details. This is optional, you don't need to make it public in order to take donations with the Artful.ly widget or on top of ticket orders. This also lets you put the finishing touches on the storefront before you take it live.
- While on the configure page, you can click on the donation storefront link to preview what it will look like.
Here's what a completed Donation Storefront can look like: