What is the widget?
The Artful.ly widget enables you to take donations and sell tickets directly from your own website; making a sleek shopping cart appear on your web page when someone clicks “Buy” or “Donate.”
The clean widget layout works with most web designs, which means ticket buyers don’t have to get directed off your site or bothered by ugly pop-ups. Meanwhile, your patrons' financial information is securely collected and transactions quickly processed.
Depending on what kits you have activated, you can create widgets for ticketing, donations, or both.
Note: The widget is designed to work on computers and not mobile devices. If a patron tries to purchase tickets through the widget using a phone or tablet, the patron will be redirected to complete the purchase in your organization's Artful.ly storefront. There is also a link in the widget to go to your Artful.ly storefront in case the patron has issues during checkout.
Note: If you have a WordPress hosted website, install the Artful.ly WordPress Plugin instead of the Widget.
Is the Widget easy to install?
To install any Artful.ly widget, you must have a firm understanding of your site's markup language. If you don't know HTML from a hat tree, we suggest you call your friendly website developer or use the automatically generated Artful.ly Storefronts to start selling tickets now.
Current Version = 3.0
The current version of the widget is 3.0. If you are not running this version please remove your old widget code, generate code for a new widget, and re-install according to the instructions below.
Installing a Widget
- Generate the code for your custom widget by going to the top menu: Sell > Widgets. Or, from your Event Details menu: Share & Sell > On Your Site.
- Choose whether to sell tickets, take donations, or both.
- If you are selling tickets, choose the event you want to sell tickets to.
- You will need jQuery on your site for any widget to work. If you don't already have jQuery installed, select "No, or don't know" and we'll add the jQuery install code to the widget code we give you.
- Click Generate Widget.
- Open the HTML editor for your website.
- Copy paste all the code in the top gray box into the tag of your website.
- Copy paste all the code in the bottom gray box into the body of your page wherever you want the ticket selector or donation field to appear.
Save your webpage and test the widget.
What Your Patron Sees
Once your a patron has completed an order, the confirmation will appear on your website in the widget. They'll also be reminded to check their emails for their receipt.
Can I customize the widget on my site?
Where the widget appears on the page can be customized, as well as the font and style (CSS) of the widget button.However the actual shopping cart that appears is not. Whatever content appears on your webpage besides the widget is up to you.
Real Live Widgets
These are some links to users' sites with the widget installed. Try selecting a ticket or making a donation. These are live sites, so don't enter your credit card info unless you really intend to charge your card!