Because the widget is code that you install on your site, sometimes adding this new element unearths other latent errors in the site's code. Unfortunately, we cannot help you debug other developers' programming, so it's best if you work with someone who knows and can access your whole site.
For donation widgets, do you have a donation kit activated? You, or your organization administrator, can see what kits you have turned by clicking on your email users name, then selecting "Account Administration" from the dropdown. You need to either have the 501(c)(3) Donations Kit activated, or have connected your Artful.ly account to an active Fractured Atlas Fiscally Sponsored project. Connecting a project will automatically turn on the Sponsored Donation Kit.
For ticket widgets, do you have the Paid Event Ticketing Kit activated? You, or your organization administrator, can see what kits you have turned by clicking on your email users name, then selecting "Account Administration" from the dropdown. The Paid Event Ticketing Kit will have a check next to it if it is activated.
- For ticket widgets, make sure you have a PUBLISHED show. Your ticketing widget may be properly installed, but if you don't have a show created and published for that event patrons will not be able to select tickets in the widget.
- Got a self-hosted WordPress site? Use our WordPress plugin instead of the regular widget. It's faster, smoother, and easier to install. Learn how here.
- Check different browsers. Are you seeing the same problem in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer? If the error is limited to one browser, you may have found a bug. Let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is your browser up to date? The most current version of an Internet browser will give you the best idea of your site's operation. Read about how to check what version your browser is and if it's up-to-date here.
- Is jQuery installed multiple times? jQuery is needed to run the widget but if it is installed more than once on your site, it may cause a conflict.
- Check for code errors. We like to open the problem page in a Chrome browser to look for errors. Do that, then right click on the page. Select 'Inspect element.' On the toolbar, select 'Console.' If there is an error with the page code, it will be indicated there. If the error includes the word "Artful.ly," please let us know. If the error mentions some other bit of code, your website developer can help you figure out what needs to be done to resolve the issue.
Are you running the latest version of the widget code? We are currently on version 3 of the widget. To see what version of the widget code you are running, look in the head tag for the phrase "artfully-v3".
Here's an example of old widget code. It just says "artfully.js"
Here's an example of current widget code. It says "artfully-v3.js"
Still not working?
- Use your Event Storefront to sell tickets
- For 501(c)(3)s, use your Donation Storefront to take donations.
- For Fractured Atlas Fiscally Sponsored projects, use your project page to take donations.