Note that we will be discontinuing our Artful.ly ticketing and CRM service effective July 31, 2020. Here's more info about this decision and what it entails.
There are four ways for your fans to make online donations to your organization with Artful.ly:
- Add a donation to an order.
- Make a donation through your Donation Storefront. (This option is for 501(c)(3)'s only.)
- Through a Fractured Atlas Fiscal Sponsorship project page.
- Make a donation directly from your website.
In order to make it possible to accept donations, turn on a donation kit from your Account Administration page:
- If you are Fiscally Sponsored, make sure your Artful.ly account is connected to your fiscal sponsorship to get the Sponsored Donations Kit.
- If your organization is a registered 501(c)(3), request the 501(c)(3) Donations Kit. This requires an EFT form, a voided check, and a copy of your IRS determination letter.
Add Donation to Order
- If you use the Artful.ly Event Storefront to promote your event, your ticket buyers will see a field to add a donation to their order at check out.
- Fractured Atlas fiscally sponsored projects who connect their Fractured Atlas accounts to Artful.ly activate the Sponsored Donations Kit on their account. Any donations made on top of a ticket sale go to your sponsored fund.
- If you're a 501(c)(3), you can customize the language on your 501(c)(3) Donation Kit configuration page. Patrons will have the option to add special instructions to their donation.
Through a Sponsored Donations Page
- When your Fractured Atlas accounts and Artful.ly accounts are connected, donor contacts and donation history will automatically import to your Artful.ly account.
Through Your Donation Storefront (501(c)(3)s only)
- Possible for 501(c)(3) organizations, but not for Fractured Atlas fiscally sponsored projects.
- This is an optional link on your Central Storefront that enables you to create suggested gifts.
- Patrons click on the orange donation button to donate or you can send them directly to the URL for your Donation Storefront.
- Once they have added a donation to their cart, they can continue to shop or press the blue Checkout Now button to complete their order.
- Patrons will receive a confirmation email for their order. However, it's up to you to send them a tax receipt for their records.
On Your Website
- To do this, you need to install either a donation widget or the WordPress plugin on your website.
- Supporters will see the donation field appear when they click "Donate" on whatever webpage(s) you've designated as a place where people can make contributions online.
- If you are selling tickets directly from your own website, ticket buyers will have the option to add a donation to their ticket shopping cart.