There are four ways for your fans to make online donations to your organization with Artful.ly:
- Add a donation to an order.
- Make a donation through your Donation Storefront. (This option is for 501(c)(3)'s only.)
- Through a Fractured Atlas Fiscal Sponsorship project page.
- Make a donation directly from your website.
In order to make it possible to accept donations, turn on a donation kit from your Account Administration page:
- If you are Fiscally Sponsored, make sure your Artful.ly account is connected to your fiscal sponsorship to get the Sponsored Donations Kit.
- If your organization is a registered 501(c)(3), request the 501(c)(3) Donations Kit. This requires an EFT form, a voided check, and a copy of your IRS determination letter.
Add Donation to Order
- If you use the Artful.ly Event Storefront to promote your event, your ticket buyers will see a field to add a donation to their order at check out.
- Fractured Atlas fiscally sponsored projects who connect their Fractured Atlas accounts to Artful.ly activate the Sponsored Donations Kit on their account. Any donations made on top of a ticket sale go to your sponsored fund.
- If you're a 501(c)(3), you can customize the language on your 501(c)(3) Donation Kit configuration page. Patrons will have the option to add special instructions to their donation.
Through a Sponsored Donations Page
- When your Fractured Atlas accounts and Artful.ly accounts are connected, donor contacts and donation history will automatically import to your Artful.ly account.
Through Your Donation Storefront (501(c)(3)s only)
- Possible for 501(c)(3) organizations, but not for Fractured Atlas fiscally sponsored projects.
- This is an optional link on your Central Storefront that enables you to create suggested gifts.
- Patrons click on the orange donation button to donate or you can send them directly to the URL for your Donation Storefront.
- Once they have added a donation to their cart, they can continue to shop or press the blue Checkout Now button to complete their order.
- Patrons will receive a confirmation email for their order. However, it's up to you to send them a tax receipt for their records.
On Your Website
- To do this, you need to install either a donation widget or the WordPress plugin on your website.
- Supporters will see the donation field appear when they click "Donate" on whatever webpage(s) you've designated as a place where people can make contributions online.
- If you are selling tickets directly from your own website, ticket buyers will have the option to add a donation to their ticket shopping cart.