To comp a membership:
- Find the person's record.
- Click the Work With button and select Comp Membership.
- Select the Membership Type.
- Then, you'll have the opportunity to record Order Notes. Here you can describe why you're giving away a membership (eg. Gave Sally comp membership because she gave us $10k.)
- Choose an Expiration Date.
- Choose whether or not to Notify the patron.
- It's recommended to take order notes on why the patron is being comped the membership.
- In most cases, you'll want the patron notified of the comped membership. Notifying the patron will send the confirmation and password invitation emails to that person's email address. You'll be able to enter a custom message during the process.
Bulk Comping Memberships
It's also possible to comp memberships in bulk. From Advanced Search you can perform an advanced search, and use the Work With button and select comp memberships.