We get it. People have a lot of passwords and it's easy to lose track of them. Luckily it's easy to send a password reset link to your members.
- Navigate to that member's People Record and click either the Membership ID, Member Tag, or the Work With button. Each will take you to the Member History page.
- On the Member History page, click on the red Reset Password button. An email with a temporary password will be sent to the person. Keep in mind the temporary password will eventually expire, so it's best to send one when you have a member on the phone with you, or when you know they will be checking their email soon. Sending a follow up email after sending a temporary password is also a good idea.
Members can reset their own passwords at: https://www.artful.ly/members/password/new
Resetting Member Passwords When Emails are Incorrect
When resetting your member's password, it's a good idea to check to see if the member's email address is spelled correctly. Sometimes patrons make a typo when purchasing their memberships, which sets the member login to the misspelled email address. When this happens, if you try to reset the member's password, they'll never get the email.
Luckily there's an easy fix:
Open the Member's record. Click Work With and Edit Info.
- Correct the email address and click OK.
- Click Work With again, select View Memberships and click the red Password Reset Button.
- Click the Reset Password button and make sure the email address that appears in the blue bubble at the top of the page is spelled correctly.