It's possible to import your historical membership history. The import process is similar to bringing in your ticket or donation history.
- Go to Reports in the top menu bar and select Imports/Exports.
- Select Import Memberships.
- Download the Artful.ly membership import template CSV.
Building Your CSV
As you begin to copy your content into the CSV template, keep in mind that email addresses are required for every membership you import or sell. Because an email address is required, the following fields are optional, but highly encouraged:
- First names
- Last names
- Company names
The rest of the required columns correspond to the fields required to create a membership type to sell in your storefront:
- Membership Name - However you refer to your membership.This is unique to each membership type you create.
- Membership Type - This will be either Seasonal or Rolling. Seasonal memberships have a fixed start and end date, and membership drives typically happen over a specific portion of the year. Rolling memberships are valid for a certain amount of months or years beginning from when the membership is purchased.
- Start Date - Required for both seasonal and rolling memberships. The date the membership begins for patrons. Dates must be in one of the following formats: if you're using Excel, the format should be DD-MMM-YY HH:MMpm. If you're editing the file in another program, it's a good rule-of-thumb to format the date as YYYY/MM/DD HH:MMpm. Specific order times are optional.
- End Date - Only for seasonal memberships.The date the membership ends.
- Duration - Rolling Memberships only. This will be a number that corresponds to what you define in the period column. For example, if you have a 6 month membership you would put "6" in the duration column, and "months" in the period column.
- Period - Rolling Memberships only. This is how you measure how long a rolling membership is—either in months or years.
- Price Paid - How much does your membership cost? Make sure you just put dollars and cents with no "$" or other symbols.
- Payment Method - You can enter Cash, Credit Card, Check, Comp, Other, or Unknown.
Other Optional Fields
- Order Date - This is optional. The order date must be in one of the following formats. If you're using Excel, format your dates as DD-MMM-YY HH:MMpm. If you're editing the file in another program, it's a good rule-of-thumb to format the date as YYYY/MM/DD HH:MMpm. The time of the order is optional.
- Every Other Field - Any other column header that works on people imports can be done with a membership import, like Twitter handles, tags, and birthdays.
Uploading Your CSV
Once you have your CSV filled out with all of the content double-checked, select Choose File and Import to begin the process.
Once you upload the file, you'll be taken to a page to review the membership types you're importing. New membership types will be in the box in the upper portion of the page, and if you're importing memberships to an existing membership type, those will appear below the new membership types.
- To approve the membership import, you'll first need to preview the data for any existing or previous memberships you have. Once you've previewed the content and double-checked to make sure it's correct, you'll then be able to approve the import as the last step.
Note: Membership imports cannot be recalled once you have approved them.