On Fundraising by Fractured Atlas, you can upload a cover photo under Profile > Look & Feel.
This photo will appear at the top of your profile, general support, and crowdfunding campaign pages. Fundraising by Fractured Atlas utilizes a service call Imgix which tries to locate faces in any uploaded photos and highlight them if and when the image needs to be cropped, resized or otherwise modified. Most of the time, this works very well.
In some instances; however, the result may not meet your expectations. This can usually be overridden by adding more canvas/whitespace/edges to the image. You can do this using a free, online tool called Lunapic or another image editing software like PhotoShop or Sketch.
- Upload the image
- Choose Resize Canvas
- Set the canvas color to pure white (#FFFFFF)
- Set the image position to be center
- Resize the canvas
- This part is not science; it's trial and error.
- Sometimes you only need to change the width, but sometimes you need to change the height, too.
- If the original image is close to the right aspect ratio (1024px wide by 160px tall), try just adding width to the canvas.
- Save the image and upload your new image to Fundraising by Fractured Atlas.
If this tutorial doesn't resolve the issue, feel free to reach out to our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.