Application & Eligibility Requirements
In order to be approved for fiscal sponsorship:
- You must be a Professional or Organization-level member of Fractured Atlas.
- You must submit the online application.
- Your project must be artistic.
- Your project must have some public benefit and be non-commercial in nature.
Requirements for Managing Sponsorship
In order to manage your fiscal sponsorship:
- You should have a United States mailing address
- You should have a valid email address that you regularly check
- You should have regular access to the internet
Your sponsorship will be primarily managed through the My Fiscal Sponsorship page on our website. In addition, Fractured Atlas staff will correspond with projects regularly by email to provide updates, respond to requests, and address any issues related to sponsorship. Many requests related to managing your sponsorship will require that we confirm information in writing by email. Fractured Atlas will also send certain documents (e.g. 1099-MISC tax statements, returned donation checks) to you by mail.
Providing Your Tax ID Number
As part of the application process, you will be required to indicate the legal entity and U.S. tax ID number associated with the sponsored fund for tax reporting purposes. We can fiscally sponsor any type of legal entity (Corporation, LLC, Partnership Individual/Sole Proprietorship, Informal Group with an EIN) with a US tax identification number (whether an individual's Social Security number or an Employer Identification Number issued by the IRS).
International artists are welcome to apply for fiscal sponsorship if you are set up to pay U.S. taxes, you have a U.S. tax ID number, and you have a valid mailing address in the United States where you can receive correspondence related to managing your fiscal sponsorship.